Ashland County Housing Authority
The Ashland County Housing Authority was established on February 17, 1977. We have many programs available for your home in the 6 Northern Wisconsin Counties we serve.
- 40 Public Housing families in low rent public housing in Ashland County.
- 4 Families in Rural Development housing on Madeline Island/LaPointe in 1990
- 68 elderly, family and disabled households using Section 8 Vouchers in Ashland County.
- 8 Unit Apartment Building in Mellen, built in 1968.
- 8 Unit Apartment Building in Glidden, built in 1916, rehabilitated in 2001
- 3 duplexes in Ashland County (1 in Ashland and 2 in Mellen)
- 227 units for 2012-2013 Low Income Weatherization in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Douglas, Vilas and Oneida counties.
- Home Housing Rehabilitation Program in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, and Douglas Counties annually and administration of the revolving loan funds. Also provide down-payment and closing-payment to homebuyers.
- Administer the Public Benefits program for Bayfield Electric Cooperative in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron and Vilas Counties.
- The Ashland County Housing Authority is approved under HFS 163, Wis. ADM. Code for lead (Pb) company certification.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program: Purchase 4 foreclosed homes then rehabilitate and sell. Also, purchased one blighted structure.
- Emergency Furnace Program: Administers this program for Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Douglas, Oneida, and Vilas Counties.
- Currently in the process of constructing a new duplex for LMI Households on Madeline Island.