Housing Programs and Assistance in Rhinelander, Douglas, Ashland and other areas of Northern WI
The Ashland County Housing Authority was established on February 17, 1977. We have many programs available for your home in the 6 Northern Wisconsin Counties we serve.
- 40 Public Housing families in low rent public housing in Ashland County.
- 4 Families in Rural Development housing on Madeline Island/LaPointe in 1990
- 68 elderly, family and disabled households using Section 8 Vouchers in Ashland County.
- 8 Unit Apartment Building in Mellen, built in 1968.
- 8 Unit Apartment Building in Glidden, built in 1916, rehabilitated in 2001
- 4 duplexes in Ashland County (1 in Ashland, 2 in Mellen, and 1 in LaPointe)
- 227 units for 2012-2013 Low Income Weatherization in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Douglas, Vilas and Oneida counties.
- Home Housing Rehabilitation Program in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, and Douglas Counties annually and administration of the revolving loan funds. Also provide down-payment and closing-payment to homebuyers.
- Administer the Public Benefits program for Bayfield Electric Cooperative in Ashland, Bayfield, Iron and Vilas Counties.
- The Ashland County Housing Authority is approved under HFS 163, Wis. ADM. Code for lead (Pb) company certification.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program: Purchased 5 foreclosed homes then rehabilitated and sold. Also, purchased one blighted structure.
- Emergency Furnace Program: Administers this program for Ashland, Bayfield, Iron, Douglas, Oneida, and Vilas Counties.